Tuesday 24 April 2012

Akiiki Recycled Ringalingading, Jadore African Jewellery, Afrilalalove

Jewellery week continues in Akiiki land...(what???)......hahahahha yes...just a quick look at some of the recycled rings I made from old fabric, brooches and things....hmmmmm....I sold loads of these at Portobello market....probably coz they were different from the norm.....I always like to stray away from comfort zones and what society preaches is the right or acceptable jewellery to adorn....I FORBID IT.....FORBID IT """" I SAY.....Im thinking of adorning a saucepan on my finger...yes...saucepan.....will show you pics....I wore a spoon as a bangle the other day....strange and cold but it felt great....like a half price meal on my hand......seriously....it worked...so now I am looking for light duty or light weight spoons to create bangles...just you wait and see....(the pics)

I am also sharing my love for African jewellery..........I miss home greatly....especially the local markets (not the rip off tourist ones)....the real down in the village markets where you get the real deal authentic designs....yummm yummm yummm...jewellery.....I love how they sit and make it as you watch and buy whatever you want....its just so real and honest.....anyway.....my love for african jewellery is so unquenched...I dream a dream of the jewellery connoisseur...ONE DAY...I SAY ONE DAY....(both fists up in the air...)....ohhhhhh!!!! endless me me menesssss#;;;

The first signs of jewellery came from the people in Africa. Perforated beads made from snail shells have been found dating to 75,000 years ago at Blombos Cave. In Kenya, at Enkapune Ya Muto, beads made from perforated ostrich egg shells have been dated to more than 40,000 years ago. 
source

Recycled Rings by Akiiki


From rings



From rings



From rings


From rings


From rings











JADORE AFRICAN JEWELLERY IN PICTURES





























AFRILALALOVE






























THANKS FOR READING.....HAVE A GREAT DAY.....xxxx


1 comment: